Thursday, July 31, 2014

Junk Drunk Love

I love all things rusty and old.  I love industrial items, old farm items, rugged wooden signs, old buckets, stuff my grandparents hated cause they were clunky or hard to use.  I am lucky as all my grand parents lived threw the depression and on into the next century.  They all loved modern conveniences and thought we were soft. Little did they know all things old would be new again and that the economy would fall so hard that  we would gain an appreciation for hard times.

I think not having a lot of disposable income has opened my mind to being more and more creative with what I have on hand.  I have learned to feed 3 people, sometimes 4, 3 meals a day on about $100 per week.  I have learned to take full advantage of free activities for the kids.  We are spending more time with our church family, visit local friends and play board games at home.  Things that used to be my afternoon time waster are now a luxury, like long lunches with friends, spur of the moment road trips, movies, concerts, even a long country drive is a splurge.  But I digress.

My love of junk has always been in the back of my mind but marrying Jackie brought it all to the surface.  He introduced me to auctions, flea markets, thrift stores etc.  I had been to some of these places before but never with the eye he has.  He knows about old glass, old tools, old stuff in general and I am in love with it.  I have made some crazy purchases but they almost always work.  I have a basement full of future projects and JUNK all over my house.  You can go in any room and find something interesting to talk about.  I am full blown Junk Drunk and in Love!!

I think tonight we will use some leftover yarn and jute to make a pom pom garland for Zoe's room.  I let y'all know how it goes.

Hopefully I will post some of my other projects soon but no pressure.

Be Joyful and Live Loud!
Kym

No comments:

Post a Comment