Monday, August 5, 2013

Hummingbirds in the Attic is born

I have wanted to start a blog about things I love about life and living.  Most of my interest are related to family and nesting.  I read several blogs, always with a twinge of "hey, I really want to do this too."  So here I am starting my plunge into a homestyle blog.  In the months I have been thinking about this I have been pondering the name.  The name is important, its how people find you and how they come to know you.  I have seen some wonderful blog names.  I even came up with about 50, most of which were already taken.  I am amazed at how large the blogger world has become.  I even found a few new ones to follow during my name search.  I wrote ideas on scraps of paper and prayed for the perfect name to drop in my lap.

Finally it came to me in the middle of the night, "Hummingbirds in the Attic."  Hummingbirds are a symbol of joy, joy is my favorite word.  I love everything old, worn, shabby, rusted, vintage, treasured, antique, heirloom, all these things you can find in an attic.  It seemed simple to put my joy and love together.  So its "Hummingbirds in the Attic."

Now I have a name so what's next?  Organization does not come natural to me so I have to work at keeping things in order.  Of course my dyslexic short attention span helps me dream up some creative stuff and I wouldn't change it for the world.  I got myself a little notebook I can take everywhere and my cell phone has a great camera.  I am making notes on all my ideas and snapping photos like a crazy person.  As soon as I figure out how to put them on my blog I will share, share and share.  For the mean time you can view my TUMBLR blog, "Hummingbirdsintheattic."

My first blog project is remodeling our camper.  We have a box van converted into a cozy little camper.  It has paneling and wood cabinets, brown carpet and cushions.  I want to jazz it up with some color and character.  I have run several themes through my mind, (and past my finance) finally to settle on Americana.  Jack loves all things auto, especially rat rods and fast cars.  I can incorporate that in with stars & stripes accents.  Using the red, white and blue theme will be charming.  As a bonus I have to supply the camper with the items we need without going overboard.  Storage is minimal.  Every space will have to be utilized and organized.  (There's that word again.)

If you have space saving tips and suggestions please comment, I need all the help I can get.

Until next time I wish you much joy and love!



No comments:

Post a Comment